Monday, January 16, 2012

Laundry List





While I hesitate to use the R word ~ you know, R for resolutions ~ I do have some plans for the next few months. Since my parents are in Florida for the winter, my time is my own again. I have big plans for this time. I decided that a huge list of plans might overwhelm me and I wouldn't even get started. I decided to make a list of what I wanted to do and post it on the door to that room. I'll see the list every time I walk by this room. That will happen a lot as it is beside the bathroom. hehehe


First up is the laundry room.

Let me start with this disclaimer. When hubby and I bought this house, we knew we wouldn't stay here throughout our retirement days. Everything we do is intended to help/not hurt our eventual sale. Therefore, we decided to paint the walls white. (I must tell you that our former home was mostly orange ~ long story, maybe a later blog post.)

What I hate most is the floor. If I get brave enough, I will put down a new floor. For now, I'm giving it an old-fashioned scrubbing.

Clean the window inside and out, then change the valance to this idea I have of using my antique handkerchief collection. I'll let you know how that turns out. By the way, how do you like my sprinkler collection? I still remember my mom sprinkling clothes before she ironed them.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75664617/vintage-merry-maid-clothes-sprinkler

http://veryirie.blogspot.com/2010/05/vintage-clothes-sprinkler-how-we-used.html

Clean the cabinet and the drawer. I'd love to paint this cabinet, but it has a shiny finish and I'm not sure how that would turn out. Have any of you tried this? I'd appreciate any suggestions. I may add some hardware just to update it.

I'd like to move the vacuum somewhere, but it needs to be plugged in to stay charged. This is probably the best location for it.

Add color. I can paint the wooden paper towel holder, the washtub, and perhaps the trash can. I also have a wooden table I can paint. I plan to use it to hopefully cover the dryer hose. I need to pick a color, and I'm leaning towards a bright green.
    Any guesses on how long it will take me to accomplish this list?

    Update: Did you notice there aren't any pictures? I took them, downloaded them, added them, deleted them from both my laptop and camera ~ then they disappeared! How does that happen?
    If you're wondering why I didn't just retake the pictures, well, I'll tell you. This room was my plan for Monday (today). Then my daughter called, and we decided to meet after her doctor's appt. I was so anxious to get something done. I jumped up from the tv, emptied the room and have already scrubbed that ugly floor! It turned out great, by the way, but you'll just have to take my word for it ~ since I no longer have ANY pictures.

    3 comments:

    my thrifty closet said...

    you are so efficient, I think you would accomplish your tasks in a short time. Just leave some time to blog ok? It's so nice to hear from you!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    Debbiedoos said...

    I will be doing our laundry room this year! It needs an uplifting overhaul. I love your list!

    Jeanine Byers said...

    So sorry you lost your pictures!! Those are great goals. And I wish I could see the mostly orange since that is my fave color.

    Good to see you at my blog, Grammy Goodwill! Thanks for staying in touch.

    Jeanine