Friday, August 3, 2012

Cathy = Comcast Customer Service



 If you read this post about Comcast,
then you know I was not happy with their customer service.




Today I talked with Cathy.
She embodied a true customer service representative.
After I explained my parents' situation, 
she looked at the history of their account.
It showed that every year they put their service on hold ~ snowbird status ~
when they come home to Virginia.




She then contacted another representative and explained our plight.
He agreed to call me.
(Did I mention this was Friday about 12:30 pm?)
He promptly called me back and set up an appointment 
to restore service at my parents' place in Florida.



Oh, did you want to know when they will do this?
Tomorrow ~ Saturday.
Now that's what I call customer service.




For Cathy,
who works for Comcast in Ft. Myers,
and lives in Port Charlotte ~

Thank you very much.
 





11 comments:

helen tilston said...

Well done. I do believe Customer Service is the way for company's to survive and grow. Apple is a fine example and very few companies even try to compete in this arena

Helen

middle child said...

I am happy for your miracle re: Comcast. It is indeed unusual to get this kind of response from them so yeah, I think I would acrually send a thank-you note. Ft.Meyers huh. We used to have a condo in Cape Coral. Never even got to use it. My husband bought it as investment property. I won't even tell you how that worked out. Lets just say we were lucky to sell it when we did.

renae said...

I'm still miffed at Comcast but what you experienced was nice to hear. Thank you for your compliment on my multiple bracelets, and try more than one. You be surprised how it lifts your spirits.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

There's still some good ones out there, thanks for reminding us. Glad you got it worked out this time. Mary

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That's great news, so glad it had a happy ending.

You are a good daughter - I am so glad you could help them, Gram!

Mary said...

That is sweet...glad to find an actual customer service person. Sometimes when I get an uncooperative one...I find a way to say oops, must call back, sorry. I hang up and redial...sometimes the next one listens better.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Grammy, how nice of you to give a well deserved shout out to those that do their job well.

Glad that problem is now solved.

Kathy M.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Always hard to find good customer service these days. Glad you got some help. My grandparents use to live in Port Charlotte. Pretty place.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It's so nice when you get someone who truly listens. Glad it all turned out well.
Hugs,
Jann

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

So glad that situation has been resolved for you and your parents. It's good to hear of someone doing their job well. It is sometimes not that way far too often these days. Have a really good week! -------------Shannon

Sonia Roody said...

I'm happy that it has ended well for your parents, Grammy. That's what effective customer service is all about: analyzing the main problem by checking its history and resolving it as soon as possible. It shows that there are still a lot of agents who can address concerns better than some of the rest.