Saturday, August 6, 2011

Baby shower gifts


My daughter has two childhood friends who are both expecting their first child.
I had so much fun shopping for a gift for their showers.


I started with those dollar canvas totes
from Dollar Tree.
I needed both a pink one and a blue one.

Then I wanted to find as many of the same things
for each baby as I could.

Sara went to UVA undergrad and WVU for law school, 
two schools that are rivals of Va Tech.
I knew she would really be surprised if I bought baby items that represented those schools.

The outfit on the left is blue and orange for UVA.

I love to buy holiday bibs when I can find them, 
so I started buying those as soon as I heard the
girls were expecting.
Then I just divided them up so each had a few special bibs.



I also bought an assortment of plastic lined bibs and separated them by colors. 

Ashley got the pink and green for Apple Blossom,
a local festival, and red for Radford.


Sara got blue and yellow for WVU and
blue and orange for UVA.



I also bought bibs that had a chocolate chip cookie
embroidered on the front. 
When the girls cheered together, I made
chocolate chip cookies for the bus trips.




I also bought a book titled
I Hope You Dance.
The girls used that song/poem as part
of their graduation speech as class officers.

They both got tiny shorts outfits
that the babies may never wear.
But they were so cuuuuuuuuute.

Then I packed everything up in the totes.


Just so you know ~
the day I took these pictures 
the AC wasn't working.
I spread out all the gifts to make
sure they were even.
Then I put all the boy gifts in the bag, 
added the tissue paper, 
poufed it,
then realized I hadn't taken pictures of it.

So I took it all back out of the bag,
lined it up and photographed it.

Next I put all of the girl things in the bag,
added the tissue paper, 
poufed it,
then realized I hadn't taken pictures of it.


YES, I did it TWICE!
Can you believe it?

9 comments:

Macey said...

Sounds like something I would do!! :)
Those are gorgeous gifts...makes me jealous! :p lol

laxsupermom said...

What wonderful gifts! I don't know how many times, I've realized that I forgot to take a pic, and had to go back. I'm starting to think that I need to hire one of my boys to just follow me around with the camera. ;) Love how personal your gifts are. Thanks for sharing.

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

How thoughtful! Isn't it so fun shopping for baby showers! I think that is my favorite shopping! :)

I found you at the Newbie party and am a new follower!

I would love for you to link up your post at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at

http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/07/bog-party-2

Debbiedoos said...

Those are fabulous gifts. The girls look adorable pregnant too, so happy! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Creative, resourceful and oh so cute!!!!

I'm your newest follower.

Anonymous said...

Ha! You are too funny! Oh, yes, this sounds exactly like something I would do not once, but twice! :)

What sweet gifts for the girls. I'm sure they both just loved them.

Anonymous said...

I like this blog which has lots of information about the Baby shower gifts...

best diaper bags said...

Hi friends,

Nice post about Baby shower gifts. Baby shower gifts consist of mittens, wooly clothes and interesting caricatured caps for infant. The range in infant clothing is amazing. The colors are mild and new colors come with each season. The texture is smooth to allow the child’s skin to breathe well. Thanks a lot......

Anonymous said...

Деньги тоже страдают оттого что у них нет меня
!!!