Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy birthday, dear daughter.



  
I wish I knew how to scan pictures. 
I could show you pictures of my DD ~ dear daughter ~ 
through the years.

Dance recitals and piano recitals ~
Playing the piano or singing in church ~
Singing in school choirs ~
All the fun birthday parties at our house ~
Cheering in middle school and high school ~
Homecoming and proms ~

And then would come all of the wedding pictures.
She was a bridesmaid for all of her friends,
and we were fortunate to attend their weddings.



This is a picture from one of the baby showers.
Cory is between the purple and the orange dresses.


Then, of course, her big day.
I wish I could show you what a beautiful bride she was.

But since I don't know how to scan,
I'll have to show you a more recent picture of her.


This is Cory at her happiest - with her wonderful husband and two kids.
She is a strong Christian, loving wife, devoted mother, and the best daughter.
She is a faithful friend and has such a tender, sensitive heart.

Happy birthday, Cory.
(Maybe I will learn to scan before your next birthday.)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Just stick the photos face down on the glass of your printer and close the lid. Stick a memory card (the one you have in your camera) into the appropriate slot. (There should be a couple of choices based on the shape of the memory card.) Go to the grouping on buttons and find 'scan' and click on it and follow the instructions. The pic will scan to your memory card, then you can load it onto your computer just like you already load your camera pics. Hope this helps. HB to you too MOM. It's your day too.:)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Sweet pictures of daughter and family. You could also go to your library and see if they have a scanner and can help you. Take your memory card with you.

Gina said...

Happy Birthday to your dear daughter!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. sandie

Southhamsdarling said...

Happy Birthday to Cory! What a lovely tribute post in honour of your dear daughter. She is beautiful, and I can see that you are very proud of her, and rightly so too! Scanning photos is really easy for me. I just put the photo face down on the printer and go into the control panel of my computer, to printers and faxes. Click on the printer that the computer is connected to and it will say scan. Just press the scan button and it does the trick. You then save the scanned image into your My Pictures. That does sound a bit complicated, but it really is SO easy! (I don't have a slot for a memory card on my printer).

Cory (playdates and prescriptions) said...

Awww!!! What a sweet post! Thanks, momma!

Angie said...

I love her too! :)

Debby said...

she looks like her Mama. Such a sweet post. Beautiful daughter.

Schotzy said...

You mentioned recently that you and I seem to have shared so many experiences and here yet again.. I feel such a kindred spirit... Our daughter turned 27 on the 28th.... and your memories are shared so lovingly.... Cory is such a beautiful young woman and I know you a re so proud of her and the grand babies mean so much... Im still waiting in that dept! Enjoy these special days and get out that scanner and give it a whirl.. it isnt that difficult. It is very self expanatory! God bless!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Happy Birthday, Cory! I was trying to write down instructions, but am going to try and find you a You Tube video that shows you how to scan instead.

Hugs,

Kathy M.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh what sweet pictures!What a beautiful daughter you have. She looks like she has such a blessed family.