Monday, September 5, 2011

Hokie Highlights - Game 1






Cate and Great-Grandma are waiting for breakfast at the tailgate. Cate has her own Hokie chair, but she wanted to sit in her mama's. Can you tell she wasn't feeling well? My dad made the table to fit on Mom's wheelchair. The orange placemat looks good, but it actually keeps her plate from slipping. (She only has the use of one hand.) The cup holder is a new addition this year.



This is my daughter, granddaughter, and dad. (My son-in-law had to work.)



This is a shot of the Highty Tighties Regimental Band. I had to laugh at the young boy behind me. He asked his dad if they were the whitey tighties. hehehe


Can you see the VT?

TECH

These two pictures are of the Marching Virginians. Virginia Tech has two bands.


Aren't these the cutest flip flops? Brielle Heslep, 2010 graduate, was wearing these.


This is my son and his girlfriend. It was her first Hokie game.


This is my Hokie husband and me. Can you tell what the school colors are?

Va Tech (Please read that as Virginia Tech. Some tv announcers pronounce it as vah tek, which is just so wrong.) won the game, 66-13.

If you read my previous post about the game, you will notice that there aren't any pictures of the tailgate food. I was too busy setting it out. I wish I had gotten a picture of the decorated cupcakes, at least.

I hope your favorite team won this weekend, too.

9 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! This is a fun post. Ya'll look like a fun bunch! I always forget to shoot the food too!

Debby said...

Looking good Grammy Goodwill.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh I miss going to the big games! Looks like you had a ball with your family, glad your team won, (that always makes it better!)
Patti

Tricia said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I wouldn't have gotten any photos of the food either...I'd be too busy thinking about eating it ;)

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

How fun! LOVE IT!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

What fun you all had! Plus.... you won!! We went to a Univ of South Alabama (Mobile) game on Thursday as they begin their third season - undefeated!

My family is split between the Auburn fans and the Univ of Alabama fans but at least both teams won. Vanderbilt won, too, which is where one daughter graduated. It was a good football weekend!

Bises,
Genie

Cory (playdates and prescriptions) said...

You got some great pics too!

Diana Joy said...

Cool pics and what fun. Love those flip flops and the tray for the wheelchair...

Paula@SweetPea said...

What a fun day you had! You are really making me want to go back to Blacksburg with all of these fun pictures!