Thursday, September 1, 2011

Perfect Delta Purchase

I have a very good friend who is a Delta ~ 
a member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority.

Many years ago, Delta Founder, Florence Letcher Toms, began collecting trunk-up elephants as a symbol of good luck. In her honor these beautiful creatures came to be 
an unofficial symbol for the sorority.

I know my friend collects elephants.
She knows what a big fan I am of Virginia Tech.



That made this the perfect Goodwill purchase.


Here is a blogger who is also a Delta. Check out her blog.


I'm linking up here.

4 comments:

Debby said...

You are good Grammy Goodwill. You find some great things.

Town and Country Gals said...

How cool! You found the perfect thing! It's always hit or miss there and you hit!
Rebecca

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You hit the jackpot on that one!! VT and trunks up and a perfect price!

Carol

PFE said...

How thoughtful and perfect! I'm surprised at the cool things people give away!