Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Hokie Flower


See the label? I'm Aunt Patti. Maddie and Abbie are my two great-nieces. They live in NY, so I don't get to see them very often. Their mom and dad met at Va Tech and married after they graduated from that wonderful school - so dear to my heart. hehehe


They made this for me. Can you tell what it is?


How about now? Did you guess that it was a pen? Well, it's not just any pen. It's a very special pen.


It's a Hokie pen, made from orange and maroon duct tape.

Have you made anything out of duct tape?

I'm linking up here: http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-party-21.html

5 comments:

Diana Joy said...

that's cute...how sweet of them.

Becky said...

that is a great idea. My niece made me a purse out of duct tape! I've heard of duct tape prom dresses!!!

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Gotta love those Hokies! My daughter has made things out of duct tape, wallets, etc. They never seem to be used though :)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Cute! Duct tape crafts are fun!

Last year a friend made a pen like that for me and it never "walked away" from my desk. I used it until it ran out of ink.

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Oh, how sweet! I love it!